Eminem net worth in 2019. How did one of the world’s biggest rapper “Eminem ” attained success with a huge net worth? Read on, to find out the impressive secrets behind his salary, earnings, investment, facts, and success story.
Eminem is also known by the names, Slim Shady, Rabbit, and Marshall Mathers. He is an American rapper, originally from Missouri and considered one of the greatest white rappers of all time, with most of his albums breaking chart records.
Eminem is currently 46 years old and is one of the best- selling hip hop artists of all time.
How much is Eminem worth?
|Net Worth:||$210 million|
|Profession:||Rapper/Hip Hop Artist|
|Born||October 17, 1972|
Early Life/Personal Life
Marshall Mathers was born in Missouri on the 17th of October, 1972 to Mr and Mrs Bruce Mathers. His father left them to start a new family. Eminem was bullied in school, which was a theme in some of his early songs.
His family moved between states and that meant changing school on a constant basis. This resulted in Eminem not having many friends when he was a child. The rap god failed ninth grade three times before finally dropping out of school at the age of 17.
He worked at various jobs when he was 17 to help pay the bills, with his mother often throwing him out of the house and neglecting him.
In 1996, a year after his daughter was born, Eminem released his first independent rap album titled ‘infinite’. The album, however, failed to gain recognition due to its poor recording quality and direction.
A year later, the ‘Slim Shady Ep’ was released, which was discovered by Dr Dre, a huge name in the rap industry.
Dre was impressed by the album that he signed Eminem to his Record label, Interscope. Two years after working with Dr Dre, the ‘Slim Shady Lp’ was released, and it was a massive success selling over three million copies bringing Eminem to the spotlight.
After the success of his first album, Em released his second album which sold over 19 million copies worldwide and won the Grammy for the Best Rap Album in 2002. Also in 2002, Eminem was involved in the movie ‘8 mile’ which was loosely based on his life, and the movie earned him an Oscar for Best Original Song.
Since then, Eminem has released multiple albums and solve over 40 million copies in the US alone. He has also collaborated with a wide range of artists from different genres.
Awards & Recognition
Eminem has won countless awards and has gotten countless nominations for his work as a rap artist. He won
- Billboard Music Awards – Album of the Year (The Eminem Show, 2002)
- Academy Awards – Best Original Song (Loose Yourself, 2003)
- Brit Awards – Best International Male Solo Artist(2003,2004)
- Billboard Music Awards-Artist of the Decade(2009)
- Billboard Music Awards-Top Rap Artist (2014)
He has also won a total of 15 Grammy awards, eight American Music Awards, and an MTV Europe Music award for global Icon. Not bad for someone who was bullied in high school.
5 interesting facts about the rap god
- Eminem doesn’t allow people to curse in his home, and he doesn’t swear in front of his children
- Eminem claims he used to spend hours every night studying the dictionary to expand his vocabulary for his rhymes
- Before he became a rapper, Eminem’s true dream was to be a comic book artist
- Eminem got evicted the night before the 1997 Rap Olympics and had to break into his own place and sleep on the floor before leaving for LA.
- He was still making payments on his trailer home when the Slim Shady LP dropped
Eminem Earnings & How did he amass such wealth?
As of July 16th 2019, Eminem net worth is estimated $210 million, and he makes an estimated $15 million a year.
The rapper owns a house in Clinton Township, Michigan which he purchased for $1,483,500 in 2000. He also owns a 17,000 square-foot estate, which consists of six bedrooms and nine and a half bathrooms, and each bedroom is a suite.
Here is a video of Eminem speaking ill about the Grammy…